Fountains Forestry has been managing woodland in the UK since 1957. We provide expert services in all aspects of forest and associated land management, including acquisition and brokerage of forest and woodland properties.
Fountains Forestry places great importance on the health and safety of our employees, clients and the general public impacted by our work. We operate in accordance with internationally recognised management standards including ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 and those of the UK Woodland Assurance Standard to ensure we manage forests responsibly.
Fountains Forestry clients include forest owners and investors, both commercial and private individuals, who rely upon our expertise to both acquire and then manage the commercial, operational and environmental aspects of owning a forest.
Today, we are part of the F&W Forestry Services Group which globally manages approximately 900,000 hectares (over 2 million acres) of forests and woodland throughout North America, South America, the UK and France. F&W’s forestry and acquisition teams can assist investors by finding and managing forests in any of these markets, as well as elsewhere through its professional contacts in regions such as Scandinavia, Australasia and North Africa.
Business Support Manager/Company Secretary
ACCREDITATIONS & PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
Our systems and processes are designed to exacting standards and are modelled on the HSE’s guidance for successful Health and Safety Management – HSG 65:
- ISO 9001: 2015 – Quality standards
- ISO 14001: 2015 – Environmental standards
- ISO 45001:2018 – Occupational Health and Safety Standards
Our approach to safety has been externally recognised by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.
- RoSPA – Best in Class sector award for Forestry 2010
- RoSPA – Best in Class sector award for Forestry 2009
- Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®C008961)
- United Kingdom Woodland Assurance Standard UKWAS
- PEFCTM (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification)
- Confederation of Forest Industries (UK) Ltd. (Confor)
- Country Land & Business Association (CLA)
- Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF)
- Forest Industry Safety Accord (FISA)
- Royal Forestry Society (RFS)
- Royal Scottish Forestry Society (RSFS)